05 August 2009

Advice from an Italian mother

Barbara, mother of the three boys I care for over here is pretty hilarious.  She has a very good sense of humor about her "little monsters," as she calls them, but also about everything else.  I wanted to share some of her more memorable quotes:


On motherhood:
"Poo! I love poo! I get up every morning, and I say to myself 'how much poo will I be able to clean today?  I cannot wait to change the poo for all my little monsters!'"

On people getting mad about others breaking rules:
"Don't they know where they are?  This is Italy, the place where laws go to die."

On infant Samuel:
"Crying, pooping, eating . . . sometimes all at once . . . that would wear me out too.  No wonder he sleeps all the time."

On make-up:
"Like most things women do, they think it's for the men, but the men don't really notice."

Advice to a couple pregnant with their first child:
"Sleep now.  You will never sleep again."



Needless to say, it's been an enlightening experience over here in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment